SmartLipo: The Procedure
Smartlipo illustrative movie clip
SmartLipo is a new simple, minimally invasive alternative to traditional liposuction, designed to remove small amounts of fat from specifically target cosmetic areas of the body. Diet and exercise are often effective in firming and shaping your body only to a certain point. If you are slightly overweight, and looking to lose those last few pounds, the little bit of extra fat in one or more areas of the body, SmartLipo is the fast, effective procedure you’ve been waiting for.
An experienced SmartLipo plastic surgeon can answer any questions you have about this procedure.
The SmartLipo procedure is designed to literally melt fat away. A laser fiber fitted into a small tube is inserted into the skin. The tube allows the laser to be moved from side to side, rupturing fat cells that are then removed from the body. At the same time, the laser causes the collagen to shrink and blood vessels to coagulate immediately, many times resulting in less swelling, bruising, and bleeding, with improvements in the body contours noted within a very short time following the procedure. The small size of the tube (1.0 – 2.0mm) and minimally invasive procedure, promotes recovery times as short as only a few days, depending on how many areas are treated and the amount of correction that is needed.
Ideal Candidates for SmartLipo
If you are a healthy individual, within 30 pounds of your ideal weight and unable to shed those last few pounds with diet and exercise alone, SmartLipo is ideal for you. If you find specific areas of your body unsightly and would like to remove the fat from those areas permanently, SmartLipo is ideal for you. The SmartLipo procedure actually stimulates collagen growth, eliminating the need for additional skin lifting surgery, making SmartLipo ideal for people who want one simple, cost effective surgery to remove unwanted fat from the body and to tighten loose skin at the same time
SmartLipo offers several advantages over traditional liposuction:
- SmartLipo is minimally invasive, using small incisions and a laser fiber that actually works with your body to remove fat and heal quickly.
- Recovery times can range from several days to a week or more, depending upon the activities you want to resume, the number of areas treated and the amount of fat that needs to be removed to restore your shape. In some cases, there may be no down time at all required at all before resuming normal activities.
- The laser light not only ruptures the fat cells but coagulates small blood vessels leading to less blood leaking into the tissues after the surgery (basically what we call bruising). Bruises cause the release of inflammatory proteins that stimulate pain fibers, and therefore less bruising and less pain.
- Normal or improved appearance of the skin can be noted in as little as 5 to 10 days following the procedure and, because the entrance port for the laser is small and hidden, is usually not easily visible.
- The use of smaller tubes and lower vacuum pressures helps to remove the fat less traumatically in comparison to more traditional methods of larger diameter cannulas and higher suctioning pressures. This allows the contouring to be done with precision, minimizing trauma to your body.
SmartLipo Aftercare and Results
Minimal swelling may benefit from an elastic bodysuit or compression garment to be worn for a few days up to several weeks after the procedure. Compression garments also assist the body in settling into its new shape. In most patients, results are evident within just a few days, and because the laser promotes the growth of collagen, the overall tightness of the skin will dramatically improve over the weeks and months following the surgery, resulting in a permanently improved appearance that you will feel very good about.
If you live in Orange County , California and are having trouble losing those last few stubborn pounds, please contact experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Hendricks in Newport Beach for a confidential consultation to see if SmartLipo is right for you.